What We Do
Tangen Biosciences, Inc. is a molecular diagnostics company. Our TangenDx™ System provides rapid isothermal nucleic acid detection, with the specificity and sensitivity of polymerase chain reaction (PCR) amplification. The design of the TangenDx™ System allows remote site testing by employing battery power in a format that is simple to use.
These characteristics enable accurate detection of targeted DNAs and RNAs directly from specimens faster, more simply, at greater sensitivity, and at a lower cost than existing commercial technologies. Results are delivered in a portable system that does not require laboratory facilities.
- Large Volume Concentrator (LVC™) is the universal capture device for all specimen types.
- Capping the LVC™ adds lysing buffer to pathogen.
- Inserting the LVC™ into the TangenDx™ Instrument initiates lysing step.
- LVC™ delivers nucleic acid to assay disk to initiate reaction.
- Employs a rechargeable lithium ion battery for up to 8 hours of operation.
- Remote testing capable.
- The Specimen Processing Unit requires approximately 5 Minutes to capture and concentrate pathogen.
- No culture step required.
- Nucleic acid delivery to Assay Disk initiates assay reaction.
- Centrifugation steps move liquid reactants through the Assay Disk.
- Results available in under one hour.
- Identifies pathogen specifically.
- Flexibility of Specimen Processing Unit allows processing of various volumes from various sources.
- “Hot Start” of reaction minimizes non-specific reactions.
- Current Tangen Candida BSI Panel Assay Kit sensitivity to 1-3 CFU/mL blood.
- Tangen Mycobaterium tuberculosis Assay sensitivity to 13 genome copies.
- Tangen Bacillus anthracis BSI Assay sensitivity below 10 CFU/ml blood.
- TangenDx Instrument cost below $5,000. Allows low cost Multi-Instrument Array configuration.
- Tangen Panel Assay costs equivalent to existing molecular diagnostics.
- Adaptable to wide variety of environments without modification.