Clinical & Urgent Care Center
- An urgent care center is a convenient option when illness strikes outside of regular office hours, urgent care offers an alternative to waiting for hours in a hospital Emergency Room. Acute care represents the majority of what Urgent Care Medicine specialists do.
- With healthcare trending toward value-based care, more patients are seeking care at urgent care centers as well as retail clinic.
- Urgent care is projected to increase approximately 6 percent each year.[i]
- In the United States, there are approximately 8,285 urgent care centers as of June 2018.
- Each year, urgent care centers provide care for nearly 160 million U.S. patients.[ii]
- Urgent care centers often serve as an alternative to emergency rooms, with physicians on staff and more advanced equipment such as an X-ray and EKG on hand.