Tangen is currently looking for a Marketing Specialist. Resumes can be sent to email@example.com
Tangen was founded in 2013 and is located in Branford, Connecticut. The Company has developed an innovative platform that enables molecular diagnostic technology to move out of traditional laboratories by providing low cost, portable, and rapid diagnostic capabilities for a variety of applications.
In collaboration with the Business Development group, you will develop marketing strategies and programs consistent with overall business objectives. You will be responsible for creating a multitude of written and visual elements to support the Company’s message utilizing traditional marketing/product approaches, tools and methodologies.
- Develop and apply knowledge of assigned product line to support business initiatives
- Support team to execute established marketing strategies, achieve stated revenue/profitability, and achieve market share objectives
- Partner with internal and external communication resources and functions to help drive product marketing message through all communication channels.
- Support on-site customer education visits
- Support business management tasks for team: develop regular reports and analyses, prepare presentations, maintain competitive information, etc.
- Organize and prepare for Trade Shows and Association meetings
- Website enhancement and improvement. Contribute in a meaningful way regarding aspects of website look and feel, content, navigation, and usability via inbound marketing methodology. This includes content/keyword management, content development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or other related field of study.
- Prefer professional work experience or internship(s) in the medical device or pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively and independently in a cross-functional, team-oriented environment
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills (both in groups and one-on-one interaction)
- Experience with Word Press preferred, MS Publisher, PageMaker, Adobe InDesign CC, Adobe Illustrator and SmartDraw
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Team player – easily collaborates with others to deliver results
- Ability to operate independently in fast-paced, professional environment under tight deadlines
- Flexible – can easily pivot to address competing priorities and reprioritize workload as needed to achieve goals and deliver on deadline
- 3-5 years’ experience in biotech, clinical or pharmaceutical sales
- The ideal candidate will have diverse industry exposure, with a particular affinity for technology driven industries
- Experience in technical sales/marketing, business development, client management, business/research strategy, and/or innovation/partnerships function
- Previous business development/strategy experience developing progressively complex strategies and using data analytics, technical/domain knowledge and information, and competitive/market intelligence to guide decision making
- Proven ability to develop and present strategic plans to Executive Leadership
Qualities We Look For:
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intellectually curious
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally
TITLE: Lead Engineer – Electrical
REPORTS TO: Director of Engineering
This position will perform all aspects of Software/Firmware and embedded system hardware design from the initial feasibility stage to manufacturing release for next generation in vitro diagnostic medical instrumentation. This position will be responsible for development efforts including all planning, scheduling, and documentation required. Architect, code, implement, and test the design. Design new PCBs using schematic capture and PCB layout tools. Design firmware and/or software for target PCBs where applicable, and verify designs using various test equipment and software test methods.
- Component-level design and layout of PC boards to ensure adherence to electrical standards as it relates to safety and EMC;
- Interpret and apply agency standards;
- Develop design control documentation to support new product development, troubleshoot equipment failures, write change notices, develop project requirements
- Execution of mechanical and electrical testing to support the selection, design verification, commercialization and marketing of various designs.
- Identify, develop, implement, qualify and validate new testing methods (and equipment if required) to meet capability and capacity needs of the project.
- Develop software/firmware to execute product requirements following Agile methodology.
- Develop and document test procedures for firmware/software unit, integration and system testing.
- Actively leads and coordinates the design, development and review of embedded systems while driving ongoing process improvement across the engineering function with minimum supervision;
- Strict adherence to design controls in a regulated environment such as, ISO 13485, FDA GMP, and other relevant compliant quality management systems across the medical device spectrum;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, self-driven and independent in leading the engineering processes
- Develop software/firmware following software lifecycle management process such as ISO-62304.
Typical Tools, Technologies
- Interfaces: I2C, SPI, USB Full Speed and High Speed, 802.11, RS-232, Bluetooth (standard and BLE), Ethernet
- Technologies: Embedded Microcontrollers (e.g., ARM Cortex M4 Microcontrollers such as the STM32F4 series), System on Chip (SoC), Real Time Operating System (RTOS)
- Tools: C, C++ (Std 11), Object Oriented Design, Design Patterns, Configuration Management (CM), Modern IDE’s (Such as Keil and IAR), unit testing and mocking frameworks.
- Proficient in standard design and development tools such as Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Microsoft Office, OrCAD Capture, Allegro PCB Editor, Solid Works and the Agile approach to Software development life cycle.
- Software/Firmware test methods such as unit testing, black box/white box testing, integration testing, and regression testing.
- Real Time or Safety Critical Systems
Experience and Education:
- Experience with analog, digital and programmable devices.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in the design and development of electronic PCBA systems in a medical device setting.
- Working knowledge of electronic design principles and medical device design control methods.
- Working knowledge of UL, IEC, and CE Requirements.
- Experience with high-speed digital hardware design.
- S. or M.S. in electrical or computer science engineering.